Hyderabad, 6 year old, electrocuted, Narsingi, gated locality, PBEL

In an unfortunate accident, a six-year-old boy from Narsingi, Hyderabad lost his life on Monday evening after coming in contact with a live wire of a lamp post while playing.

The tragic incident occurred in the elite PBEL society which falls under the Cyberabad zone.
 
An iron plate connected to the post and wound into an underground cavity was the reason for electrocution. Due to technical reasons, the society’s maintenance staff has left the plat unprotected since January 26.
 
“People in the play area noticed that the boy had suffered an electric shock. His mother and others rushed the boy to a nearby hospital from where he was referred to a private hospital in Rethibowli where he was declared brought dead,” said Narsingi Sub-Inspector K M Raghavendra.
 
The victim has been identified as a class 1 student hailing from Tamil Nadu. The boy’s father is a software professional and was in Chennai while the accident took place. The family resides in PBEL city located near the Telangana State Police Academy (TSPA). 
 
Over 1000 families reside in PBEL society, however, the boy could not be rescued as no one was around when he remained stuck to the lamp post for several minutes.

The police have registered a case under Section 304 A for causing death due to rash or negligent act against the electrical maintenance contractor Gold Star Agency.
 
Further investigation is underway.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here