Students, Jharkhand, prasad, saraswati puja, hospitalised
courtesy: twitter

Over 40 school students fell sick on Sunday after consuming ‘prasad’  in Jharkhand’s Lohardaga district.

The students had eaten the sweets distributed after Basant Panchami celebrations, following which the children started feeling uneasiness.

According to reports, the students have been admitted to a nearby hospital for treatment. Two of them are said to be critical. The children supposedly started vomiting within hours of eating the sweets, which were distributed after the puja.

S.S. Khalid, a doctor at Sadar hospital, said, “40 children have come here till now, one or two are in critical condition. It is a case of food poisoning and they are experiencing abdominal pain and vomiting. We are treating them accordingly.” 

Most of the children who fell sick are six or seven years old, he added.

District administration also took cognizance of the incident and assured of an investigation in the matter.

Ratan Mahwar, Lohardaga’s District Education Officer, said, “The administration is investigating, we will take action against whoever is found guilty. We will get the food sample examined to ascertain the cause.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here