Gujarat
(Image Courtesy: ANI)

On Tuesday, a major fire broke out in a seven-storey market in Gujarat’s Surat, enveloping several shops in the complex, a fire official said.

The seven-storey building where the fire started is in Raghuveer Complex, a large textile market in Saroli area. No casualty has been reported so far.

Officials said the fire started from one of the shops on the ground floor and later spread to the other floors.

Textile fabrics worth crores had been gutted in the blaze, creating a major loss.

“It is a large textile market complex where traders had kept various dress material and apparel in their shops. The stock led the fire to spread quickly,” Surat’s deputy municipal commissioner N V Upadhyay said.

According to the fire officials the cause of the fire was yet to be known but a short circuit may be responsible.

40 fire tenders were rushed to the spot when the incident took place. The fire has been under control and the cooling operation is underway.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here