Three died including two children after a massive fire broke out at a private school in Faridabad’s Dabua Colony on Saturday.
The school was built on the first floor and there is a garment floor on the ground floor.
According to the reports, the shop caught fire due to short-circuit. The three deceased include a woman who taught at the school and two of her children. They got suffocated owing to dense smoke and were rushed to a nearby hospital, where they succumbed. Two people were also injured while trying to save them.
As summer vacations were on, there were no students in the schools.
Fire tenders have been rushed to the spot and rescue opeartions are on to douse the flames.
“Fire dept is here, situation now under control, we’ll ascertain the cause of fire,” the police said.
This incident comes days after a massive fire broke out in a commercial complex in Gujarat’s Surat, killing 20 students.