Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa inducted 17 cabinet ministers to his government in Karnataka on Tuesday. Governor Vajubhai Vala administered the oath of office and secrecy to all the 17 ministers.
Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa announced the final list of the cabinet ministers on Tuesday morning after a legislative party meeting. After the fall of Congress-JD(S) government on July 26, BJP’s Yediyurappa staked claim to form the government and served as the lone minister in Karnataka till date.
The Chief Minister widely was criticized for the delay in induction of cabinet ministers especially during the recent floods in the state.
Earlier BS Yediyurappa promised that all the regions and communities will be given equal representation in the cabinet. The composition of the final list of cabinet reveals that the Lingayat community that forms a strong voter base for the BJP constitutes 44.4% of the state cabinet.
However, the fate of 16 MLAs who were disqualified by the speaker after they tendered their resignations stirred a political crisis in the state is not yet decided. BJP had allegedly offered cabinet berths to 12 MLAs to rebel against their parties.
Here’s the full list of 17 cabinet ministers along with their constituencies.
1. Govind M Karjol (Mudhol, Bagalkot)
2. CN Ashwath Narayan (Malleshwaram, Bengaluru),
3. Laxamn Sangappa Savadi (Athani, Belagavi),
4. KS Eshwarappa (Shimoga)
5. R Ashoka (Padmanabhanagar, Bengaluru)
6. Jagadish Shettar (Hubli-Dharwad Central, Dharwad)
7. B Sreeramulu (Molakalmuru, Chitradurga)
8. S Suresh Kumar (Rajajinagar, Bengaluru)
9. V Somanna (Govindarajanagar, Bengaluru)
10. CT Ravi (Chickamagalur)
11. Basavaraj Bommai (Shiggaon, Haveri)
12. Kota Shrinivas Poojari (Member of Legislative Council)
13. JC Mahdhu Swamy (Chikknayakanhalli, Tumkur)
14. Chandrakantagouda Channappagouda Patil
15. H Nagesh
16. Prabhu Chauhan
17. Jolle Shashikala Annasaheb