India continued their winning streak against Pakistan in the World Cups as they cruised through an 89-run victory as per the DLS method. India’s top order, comprising Rohit Sharma (140), KL Rahul (57) and Virat Kohli (77) laid the foundation of a huge target of 336.
Pakistan were 119/2 at a moment, but Kuldeep Yadav and Hardik Pandya exploited the middle order and restricted Pakistan to a total of 212/6 from 40 overs, falling 89 runs short of the revised target.
11 records were broken during the whole course of the game. let’s take a look at these stats:
Rohit Sharma’s Historic knock
- Rohit Sharma became the first Batsmen in Indian colours to score successive centuries against Pakistan in ODIs. His 140 last night, while he also scored an unbeaten 111 against Pakistan at the Asia Cup in 2018.
- Rohit is only the 2nd Indian to score a century against Pakistan in a major ICC tournament. Virat Kohli became the first when he scored 107 in 2015 at the Adelaide Oval.
- India’s 336 against Pakistan at Manchester is the highest total by any team against Pakistan. England’s 334 against Pakistan in the tournament earlier was the previous highest in CWC.
- India’s 336 vs Pakistan was also the highest total at Old Trafford. Previously, Sri Lanka’s 316 against England in 2006 held the record.
The new record at the top for India
Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul have a partnership average of 72 in International cricket; the best for an Indian pair with 1000+ runs. The duo has shared 1080 runs in 17 partnerships with help of three-century stands and six fifty-run stands.
Virat Kohli ‘The Marathon Man’
Virat Kohli became the fastest batsmen to reach 11000 runs figure. It took him just 222 innings, 44 less than Sachin Tendulkar to reach the milestone. Kohli was also the fastest to 8,000, 9,000 and 10,000 ODI runs.
- Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul’s 136 at Old Trafford was the first ever 100+ partnership in an India-Pakistan CWC match. before that, the highest partnership record was held by Sachin Tendulkar and Navjot Singh Sidhu, with the pair managing 91 back in 1996.
- This 136-run stand is also the highest for any wicket in IND-PAK CWC games surpassing the 129-run partnership between Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan from 2015 for the 2nd wicket.
- 2nd wicket stand of 104 by Fakhar Zaman and Babur Azam is the highest partnership for Pakistan against India. In 1992, 88 runs stand for the third-wicket by Javed Miandad and Aamir Sohail was the previous best.
India’s unbeaten streak continues
Sarfaraz Ahmed became the first captain to field first after winning the toss in an IND-PAK World Cup game. Apart from 2003 World Cup match between the two sides at Centurion, Pakistan has lost all tosses.
India’s 89 runs victory over Pakistan is the highest in terms of runs against in CWC. 76-runs victory over Pakistan in 2015, held the previous record.
India’s seven-up (7-0) against Pakistan is the joint best record by a team over another in CWC history. Pakistan’s also lead Sri Lanka 7-0 in CWC.