Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane on Sunday confirmed the departure of Bale from the club is imminent.
Bale didn’t feature at all as Real Madrid started their pre-season with a 3-1 defeat to Bayern Munich at NRG Stadium in Texas.
“He wasn’t included in the squad because the club is working on his departure and that’s why he didn’t play,” Zidane said. “We’ll have to see what happens in the coming days.”
“We’ll have to see if it goes through tomorrow if it does then all the better. Let’s hope, for everyone’s sake, that it happens soon.”
However, The Welsh forward’s £600,000-a-week wages could be a deal-breaker.
Los Blancos had paid a then-record transfer of €100 million to sign Bale from Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur in 2013.
Since then, Bale has won numerous title with the capital outfit, including Champions League and Copa Del Rey in his first season.
The four-time Champions League winner is linked with a move to the Premier League including Spurs.
Zidane also said that he has no personal issues with the 30-year-old but it’s just that he doesn’t fit into the plans.
“It’s nothing personal,” he added. “There comes a time when things are done because they need to be done. I’ve not got anything against him. We have to make decisions and change things, that’s all there is to it.
“I don’t know if this will happen in 24 or 48 hours’ time. The situation will change and it’s for the best for everyone.”
Jonathan Barnett, Bale’s agent, soon after Zinedine Zidane comments reacted and has criticised him for being disrespectful.
Bale’s agent slams Zinedine Zidane
“Zidane is a disgrace,” Barnett said.
“He shows no respect for a player that has done so much for Real Madrid.”
The agent was then asked if the player is on his way out of Real Madrid.
“We are working on it,” he said.
Also, with the arrival of Eden Hazard this summer, the 30-year-old’s time in Madrid might be over.
Gareth Bale’s Real Madrid stats: